Pasta with Roasted Vegetables & Poached Egg
4 Farm Pride eggs
500 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
3 Roma tomatoes, quartered lengthways
Spray olive oil
400g penne or spiral pasta
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer onto the tray and spray with oil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until tender and slightly caramelised.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and season to taste.
- Fold through the vegetables and spinach.
- Put the lid on the pan to wilt the spinach and to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat about 5 cm water in a large saucepan or deep frying pan.
- Add a dash of vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Carefully crack the eggs into a cup one at a time and slide into the water.
- Cook gently for 3 minutes, until the whites have set.
- Divide the pasta mixture between shallow serving bowls.
- Lift the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Top each bowl with a poached egg, and pierce so the yolk flows to create a sauce.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.