Shereen’s Banana Bread Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 Farm Pride eggs
- 4 – 5 medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 70ml of full cream milk/thickened cream
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups of self raising flour
- Crushed walnuts for decoration
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
Optional Icing Ingredients
- 140 grams of cream cheese, softened
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 350 grams (2 2/3 cups) of icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 356 Fahrenheit and line tin with baking paper.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla preferably with an electric mixer.
3. Add eggs, one at a time.
4. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl then add to the mixture.
5. Mix the soda with the milk or cream separately and whisk until dissolved.
6. Then add the flour and milk mixture alternatively to the butter combination.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add sifted icing sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the lemon and vanilla essence and beat until smooth. If wanting a slightly harder icing, add more icing sugar.
4. Spread icing over top and sides of cooled cake. Add walnuts to the top of the cake and sides
Special thanks to Shereen Padda for creating this recipe for Farm Pride.
Please note the photo used is for imagery only and has not been created from this specific recipe.