Get Kids Cooking – Cauliflower Cheesy Fritters
- 1 Whole cauliflower
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Farm Pride Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup of panko bread crumbs (can be regular bread crumbs)
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
- Chopping board
- Fry pan
- Measuring cup
- Guide your child to cut the cauliflower carefully into four sections. The four florets need to be boiled in water for ten minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has been drained, mash quickly ensuring it is still warm.
- Stir eggs, salt, pepper and the panko crumbs.
- Add a touch of oil into your frying pan and leave over heat
- Carefully mould the mixture using a spoon into 6 even portions
- Within three minutes the mixture should be a golden brown colour
- Flip the fritters and leave cooking for a further 2-3 minutes
- The patties should be served immediately. Alternatively, you can keep warm in the oven.
Kids Who Cook suggest that adults assist with the cooking, draining, frying and flipping within this recipe. However, each child will have different capabilities.
For more kid friendly recipes visit the Get Kids Cooking website.