Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
8 Farm Pride eggs
1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
3 green onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons chopped dill
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1/3 cup light sour cream, plus ¼ cup for topping
Dill sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
- Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones.
- Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini.
- Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream.
- Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter.
- Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.