Pasteurised frozen scrambled eggs
Farm Pride pasteurised Scrambled Egg is a whole egg based mixture, blended with full cream milk and lightly seasoned. It can be cooked from frozen or thawed.
- Scrambled egg mix is ready to use for making fluffy scrambled eggs and can also be used as a recipe base for omelettes, frittatas and quiches.
Suggested preparation and cooking instructions:
- Heat in cooking vessel to 85°C – 90°C
- Place frozen mixture in the heated water.
- Maintain the water temperature at 85°C – 90°C and cook for frozen mixture for 30 – 35 minutes *
- Remove bag just prior to being completely cooked and knead mixture until the desired egg consistency is achieved.
- * A fully thawed product will cook in 20 – 25 minutes.
Storage and shelf life:
- Frozen: -18°C for two years
- 4 x 2 kg bag in box.
- 2 kg of scrambled egg mix is equivalent to 40 medium eggs.