Vegetable & Feta Rice Tart
1 Farm Pride egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup long grain rice, cooked
4 Farm Pride eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
75g button mushrooms, sliced
50g baby spinach leaves, shredded
100g reduced fat feta, crumbled
250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes and steamed
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 23cm pie dish.
- Combine the rice and egg and using the back of a spoon, smooth into the pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the onion for 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, until soft.
- Add the spinach and stir through until wilted slightly.
- Arrange half the feta into the pie shell, and top with the pumpkin.
- Spread the onion mixture over the top, then the remaining feta.
- Pour the eggs in and then nestle the tomatoes cut side up, into the filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until set and golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes, before cutting into wedges to serve.