Adam D’Sylva – Spaghetti Carbonara
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 100g cured pig cheek (pancetta or rindless bacon), chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml white wine
- 1 cup torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup of pasta water
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, parsley and grated parmesan in a bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frypan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped pancetta and fry for about 2-3 minutes until crisp. Reduce the heat to low, wait a few seconds for the frypan to cool a little (this will ensure the garlic doesn’t burn), then add the chopped garlic.
- Deglaze with white wine. Cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the pasta water.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the frypan and toss to coat.
- Remove from the heat, stir the egg mixture into the spaghetti then continue stirring for 1 minute to coat all the pasta, and to ensure the egg mixture stays smooth and creamy and doesn’t scramble. Serve immediately.
Watch Adam make this recipe below, or on the Farm Pride YouTube channel.