Ham & Cheese Arancini Balls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate time: 30 mins
Cooking : 20 mins
- Four farm pride eggs
- 90 Grams of mozzarella
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- Cubed provolone
- 1 Clove finely chopped garlic
- Pinch of fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ Minced onion
- 2/3 Cup of grated romano cheese
- 1/3 Cup of melted butter
- ½ Cup of diced ham
- 2 ½ Cups of cooked rice
- Sauté the chopped onion on medium heat with a dash of extra virgin oil.
- Beat two of the eggs, stir in the onions, rice, melted butter, salt and pepper, parsley, romano and garlic.
- Place the contents in a large bowl, cover and store in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dice and combine the mozzarella, provolone and ham into cubes.
- Add breadcrumbs to a bowl and place to one side.
- Whisk the last two eggs in another bowl and place to the side.
- Create balls by forming a ball of the rice mixture around cubes of ham, cheese, and provolone .
- Dip the balls into the egg mixture, then the bowl of breadcrumbs to batter the balls.
- Drizzle enough oil into a frying pan for the balls.
- Fry one-two at a time, turning to ensure they aren’t burned. Ensure they are cooked right through.
- Serve hot with relish or chutney.