Create time: 20 mins
- 4 Farm Pride eggs
- 2 cups vermicelli (wheat noodles)
- 8 tablespoons butter, or clarified butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 2 pinches saffron, diluted in 2 tablespoons of rose water (or water)
- Vegetable oil
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add half of the raw vermicelli. Lightly fry the vermicelli noodles until they turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Constantly stir with a wooden spoon, so the vermicelli do not burn.
- Then add a large volume of water to boil the fried vermicelli. Once the water starts to boil, add the rest of raw vermicelli and cook for just 3 minutes. Drain vermicelli in a colander.
- Add butter, cardamom, sugar and diluted saffron to the pan. Mix and heat until sugar is dissolved for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add vermicelli back to the pan, mix and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a separate pan. Add the beaten eggs. Tip the pan in order to spread the uncooked egg. When dry on top, flip the omelet over and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve vermicelli with omelette on top.