Classic French Madeleines
Prep and cook time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- 3 Farm Pride eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 lemon, rind, finely grate
- 1 large lime, rind, finely grate
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 60g unsalted butter, melted and at room temperature
- Icing sugar
- Preheat over to 200°C and grease madeleine baking pan
- Place eggs, sugar and, lemon and lime rinds into a bowl. Use electric hand beater to beat mixture until thick and doubled in volume.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and melted butter in mixture
- Using a tablespoon, place mixture into previously greased madeleine moulds
- Bake until golden and cakes spring back when pressed in centre, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and dust with icing sugar