Fetta & Spinach Omelette
- 4 Farm Pride eggs
- 1/2 bunch English spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30g reduced fat fetta, crumbled
- Crusty wholemeal bread and salad, to serve
- Pull the spinach leaves from the stalks.
- Wash and dry the leaves, then finely shred.
- Heat half of the oil in a 24cm (top measurement) non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the onion over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the spinach and mix through the onion.
- Stir until wilted slightly.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a jug, and season.
- Pour the eggs into a frying pan.
- Cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes, until set underneath.
- Cook the top of the omelette under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, until set.
- Alternatively, slide the omelette onto a plate, and invert back into the pan.
- Slide out onto a plate and cut into 6 wedges.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
Breakfast, Meals, Snacks