Mexican Filled Sweet Potatoes with Egg Topper
Cook Time: 70 mins.
- 2x 400g sweet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 125g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pierce sweet potato with a skewer 5 times.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle, halve length ways and scoop out flesh. Place flesh into a bowl and mash.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to bowl with sweet potato and cool. Add kidney beans, corn and cheese. Squeeze liquid from spinach and stir through sweet potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into potato skins. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Crack eggs and add to frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until white is cooked. Place sweet potatoes onto serving plates and top with a fried egg and coriander sprigs.
Baking, Health, Meals, World Egg Day