Pierrick Boyer – Pavlova
Prep time: 70 minutes
- 150ml Farm Pride free range egg white (approximately 4 eggs)
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp gluten free corn starch
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Heilala vanilla paste, or 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 150°.
- Put the egg white in the bowl of your electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, whisking well, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Add the vanilla paste or beans, and vinegar then whisk until just combined.
- Pipe or shape the mixture into an 16 cm round ring with a side of silicon paper, on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Reduce oven to 110°C and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- Pour the lemon curd (see separate recipe) over the cooled pavlova, top with fresh raspberries, berries, fresh herbs or flowers of your choice and serve immediately.
Tip: Store your pavlova, undressed, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Watch Pierrick make this recipe below, or on the Farm Pride YouTube channel.