Santa Deviled Eggs
Create time: 40 mins
- 12 Farm Pride eggs (hard-boiled)
- Hot water
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 to 2 ounces thick sliced deli ham, cut into 24 pieces
- 1/2 roasted sweet red pepper strips, cut into 24 thin pieces
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- Peel and cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Fill a mug 1/3 full with hot water. Stir in food coloring. Dip the narrow end of each egg into the red water and hold for 10-15 seconds. Drain eggs on paper towels, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, paprika and, if desired, horseradish sauce. Spoon or pipe into each egg white. Attach capers for eyes, a ham piece for a nose and a pepper piece for a mouth.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert #16 star pastry tip. Fill bag with cream cheese. Pipe eyebrows, mustache and beard on face; pipe pom-pom and trim on hat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.