Spooky Deviled Eggs
Create time: 25 mins
- 6 Farm Pride Eggs (boiled and cooled)
- 1/2 cup boiling water + 1 tablespoon vinegar + 20 drops black food coloring
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Neon green food coloring
- In a bowl mix together the boiling water, vinegar, and black food colouring until combined.
- Using the back of a knife or fork crack the shell of the egg all over but keeping it intact.
- Add the eggs to the dye and let soak for 5-7 minutes. Turn them once if they’re not fully submerged.
- Once they’ve soaked long enough peel them carefully under running water.
- Once all the eggs have been peeled cut them in half longways, putting the yolk in a bowl, and putting the eggs on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until there are no large chunks.
- Add the mayo, hot sauce, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. If you want the yolk to be thinner add more mayo until your desired constancy.
- Add as much or as little of the green food colouring as you’d like.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites and serve.Optional – Garnish your plate with cleaned plastic spiders for a real trick or treat!