Tasty Tunisian Eggs
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1x 400g can chickpeas, drained (save the liquid)
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbs sumac (available from the spice section of supermarkets)
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices sourdough, toasted
- Mix two teaspoons of the olive oil with the half the lemon juice.
- Place the drained chickpeas in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil
- Remove from heat and drain. Place this into a food processor along with remaining olive oil, tahini, cinnamon, cumin and remaining lemon juice.
- Process until smooth. If the hummus seems too thick, add a little of the reserved liquid from the chickpeas.
- Combine the onion, tomatoes, parsley, half the sumac and the dressing in a bowl, toss gently.
- Poach the eggs in simmering water until cooked to your liking. Drain well.
- Spread one tablespoon of the hummus on to each piece of toast and top with a poached egg.
- Top with the onion and tomato salad and sprinkle with remaining sumac.