French Toast with Berry Compote
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp polyunsaturated margarine
- 1 cup berries (any type, fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon until combined.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan and melt margarine.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and fry gently on both sides for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add berries to a small saucepan, add sugar and bring to a gentle simmer, be mindful not to overcook the berries.
- Place French toast on to plates and serve with berries.
Cut bread into different shapes using a cookie cutter.
For a decadent twist try using fruit loaf