French Toast with Prosciutto
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 5 Farm Pride eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 400g (approx) truss cherry tomatoes, cut into four serves
- 4 slices day old sourdough or woodfired bread, about 2 cm thick
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, grilled and finely diced
- 2 tsp shredded basil
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour into a shallow dish. Soak the bread for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes onto the tray and bake for 15 minutes, until soft.
- Lightly oil a large non stick frying pan. Cook the bread in batches over medium low heat for 2 minutes each side. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve the French toast with the tomatoes, and sprinkle with diced prosciutto and basil.