Smoked Trout Frittata Squares
- 8 Farm Pride eggs
- 1 whole smoked trout (about 400g)
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup light sour cream, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice tin with non stick baking paper, extending over the two long sides.
- Pull all the flesh from the trout, discarding the skin and bones. Flake the flesh and place into a large bowl.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini. Add to the bowl along with the onions, dill and lemon rind; mix well.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream. Add to the bowl, stir to combine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then lift onto a wire rack, and carefully slide out the paper. Cool completely.
- Cut into 24 squares and place onto a serving platter. Top each piece with a small dollop of sour cream, and a dill sprig.
Meals, Snacks, Spring Racing