Christmas Egg In A Hole
Create time: 10 mins. Cook time: 10 mins
- 6 Farm Pride Eggs
- 6 Sliced bread
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, for pan
- Use festive cookie cutters to stamp out shapes. Reserve cutout pieces to toast later!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, parsley and chives. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add as many bread slices that will fit and cook until the bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low then flip bread slices. Pour egg mixture into each cutout shape. Cover skillet and cook until the egg is set, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat, adding more butter as necessary, with remaining ingredients.
- Toast reserved cutout pieces and serve warm.