This tasty Biryani recipe can serve 5 -10 people – depending on hunger. Perfect for a celebration.
5 Large Farm Pride eggs
1 TBSP of fresh coriander
1 KG of chicken thigh fillets
3 TBS of sugar
2 Lebanese cucumber grated
3 Cups Greek yoghurt
Salt and pepper
Canola Oil for cooking
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Fresh green chilli chopped
1 Fresh yellow chilli chopped
1 Bay leaf
1 TBS of coriander
1 TSP of cumin powder
Half a cup of raisins
2/3 Cup of tikka curry paste
2 TBSP of grated orange rind
Thinly diced clove of garlic
Thinly diced TBS of ginger
250 G of halved cherry tomatoes
5 Cups of white, yellow or orange rice
- Cook rice as per cooking instructions on the packet. For an interesting taste, try this Orange Rice Recipe.
- Pan fry thumb size chunks of chicken on high heat till cooked through and browned. Put to one side. Should be around 10 minutes.
- Caramelise onions by heating oil in a frypan over a low heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onions sliced with two pinches of salt. Continuously stirring, leave on the heat for 15 minutes. Add sugar and keep stirring till the onions are a beautiful caramel colour – usually around 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger while stirring.
- Add tikka curry paste, cumin powder, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, raisins, salt to taste and cherry tomatoes.
- After 5 minutes, add chicken, green and yellow chillies, Coriander – stir for a further 5 minutes. Take off heat place in baking dish
- Bake in over at 200 C for 15 minutes.
- While baking, poach 5 eggs.
- Toss through grated orange rind, Lebanese cucumber and pepper to chicken rice dish.
- Serve with poached eggs and add yoghurt to the side compliment the flavours.
- If desired add star anise and half a lime for garnish.