Chicken & Egg Tagine
Prep time: 60 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 400g skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thickly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 500ml salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves
- Low-fat yoghurt, flatbread and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place 6 eggs in a saucepan of cold water and set over a high heat. Bring to a boil, then cook for 6 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for 2 minutes. Chill under cold running water, then peel and halve. Set aside.
- Set a large saucepan over a high heat and fry the chicken thighs in olive oil for 5 minutes, turning often, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add the leek, celery, carrot, capsicum and garlic to the saucepan and fry for 5 minutes, until just softened, then return the chicken and mix in the Moroccan seasoning.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil, then turn the heat to very low and simmer gently for 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Mix in the eggs, spinach and herbs, then serve with low-fat yoghurt, flatbread and lemon wedges.