Chicken & Vegetable Soup with Herbed Egg Stars
- 2 Farm Pride eggs
- 2 Farm Pride egg yolks
- 4x 600g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 pepper corns
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 bunch celery (or celeriac)
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 bunch each of parsley, chives, tarragon (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- Spray oil
- Place chicken, bay leaves and peppercorns into a large pot, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, yolks, milk, nutmeg, herbed and season.
- Lightly spray a bowl that fits onto the pot with the chicken with spray oil, add egg mixture, place onto pot and cover with a lid. Steam egg mixture for about 20 minutes or until set.
- Set aside to cool, once cold, remove from bowl and cut into cubes or use a star cookie cutter.
- Simmer chicken until tender, take out of the stock and set aside to cool.
- Wash, peel and dice the vegetables. In a saucepan heat the oil, sauté the vegetables lightly without colour. Add chicken stock through a strainer and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Take chicken and cut into bite size chunks, place back into the stock and vegetables. Add egg mixture pieces and serve.