Chocolate Souffle Omelette with Berries & Yoghurt
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 tsp castor sugar for egg yolk mixture
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 6 tbs castor sugar for egg white mixture
- 20g polyunsaturated margarine
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and cocoa into a bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Place egg white into a clean bowl and whisk until semi soft using an electric whisk.
- Gradually add the sugar to the egg whites while whisking until mixture forms peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place a non-stick ovenproof fry pan onto the stove top, add margarine and heat. Add omelette mixture and gently cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in the oven until just cooked.
- Place berries and yoghurt in the centre, fold and serve immediately.
Baking, Breakfast, Desserts