Milo Mini Pavlovas with Lamington Balls
Create time: 30 mins. Cook time: 1 hour
- Lamington Balls
- 250g packet of jam mini rolls
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g shredded coconut
- Milo Meringues
- 140g Farm Pride egg whites (from 3-4 eggs)
- 280g caster sugar
- 1/4 cup Milo (+1 tbsp)
- 300g thickened cream
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- Lamington Balls:
- In a large bowl, crumble mini rolls and combine with cream.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on a lined tray. Chill until firm.
- Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between with a metal spoon until melted.
- Using a fork, dip balls into chocolate then roll in coconut. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Milo Meringues:
- Preheat over to 180°C (fan forced). Combine egg whites and sugar in a metal bowl then place over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring it doesn’t touch the metal bowl.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolves completely or temperature reaches 65°C.
- Pour into stand mixer and whisk for 10 minutes until cooled.
- Fold in Milo. Drop six spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray, then sprinkle with remaining Milo.
- Turn oven temperature down to 150°C and bake for 1.5 hours. Set aside to cool.
- Whip cream and Vanilla Bean Paste to stiff peaks, then spoon onto meringues. Top each meringue with a strawberry, a sprinkle of macadamia nuts and a lamington ball
Australia Day, Desserts