Australia Day Jelly Belly Pavlova
Create time: 1 hour
- 4 Farm Pride egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Jelly Belly jelly beans to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced.
- Line a large tray with baking paper.
- With 2 electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until sift peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar ¼ cup at a time, until meringue is stiff and glossy.
- Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a metal spoon.
- Trace an outline of a map of Australia (perfect for the kids to do) on the prepared baking tray… and don’t forget Tassmania!
- Pile meringue into the centre of the map and gently push out to the edges, keeping the Australia shape. Repeat for Tassie.
- Top with any remaining meringue and pile as high as you can.
- Reduce oven heat to 150°C or 130°C fan forced, and cook for 30-35 minutes till slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven and leave pavlova inside to cool completely.
- Spread with whipped cream and decorate with Jelly Belly jelly beans for the states and territories. Dust with icing sugar if desired. (For a healthier treat swap jellybeans for fresh fruit).
Australia Day, Desserts