Devilled Egg Chicks
Create time: 35 mins. Cook time: 15 mins.
- 12 Farm Pride Eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 slice carrot
- 24 capers (blotted dry)
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- Place eggs in a saucepan and with enough water to fully submerge them. Bring the water to a boil on a high heat, cover with the lid and remove from the heat.
- Leave the eggs to cook in the saucepan for 12 minutes. Cool, then peel.
- Slice a bit off the bottom of the egg so that it can stand upright on its own. Cut off the top third of the egg, reserving the “lid” you’ve just removed. Gently remove the yolks and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan and mustard to the egg yolk and mix together until smooth. Transfer the yolk mixture to a zip-lock bag.
- Snip a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe the mixture back into the hollowed out eggs. Fill the egg, as well as in extra inch above the rim.
- Cut carrot (or you could use capsicum) into very small triangles. Place capers in the place of eyes and carrot as a beak. Top the yolk face with the egg white “lid” we removed earlier.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or up to one day. To serve, line platter with dill. Arrange chicks carefully on top.