Egg, Bacon, Vegetable & Potato Bake
- 4 Farm Pride eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 rashers shortcut bacon, chopped
- 400g Desiree potatoes (unpeeled), cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine the bacon, potatoes, pumpkin, onion, and tomatoes into a 30 x 20 x 6cm (8 cup capacity) ovenproof dish, and spray with oil. Bake for 1 hour, turning the mixture once or twice during cooking.
- Place the broccoli into a large heatproof bowl, and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and mix in the broccoli. Push the mixture out to make 4 holes, spaced evenly apart.
- Carefully break an egg into each hole. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until the whites have just set.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the eggs, and surround with the potato mixture. Serve immediately.