Egg Drop Soup
- 3 Farm Pride eggs
- 4 Cups, good-quality chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Ground ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk together stock (chilled or room-temperature), cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a medium sauce pan until smooth. Heat over high heat until the stock comes to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a small measuring cup or bowl.
- Once the broth reaches a simmer, use a fork or a whisk to stir the broth in a circular motion, creating a “whirlpool.” Then slowly pour the whisked eggs into the soup as you continue stirring, in order to create long egg ribbons.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the sesame oil, green onions and corn (optional) until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, also adding a dash or two of more sesame oil if needed.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional green onions.