Egg, Salmon & Rice Pie
- 3 Farm Pride eggs, hard boiled and roughly chopped
- 80g long grain rice
- 500ml fish stock
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Farm Pride egg, raw
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 200g salmon fillet, skinless, boneless, cut into two slices horizontally
- 1 Farm Pride egg, for glazing
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cook rice in fish stock and place into a bowl to cool.
- Add chopped egg, mushrooms, herbs, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Combine with raw egg.
- Lay out two pastry sheets and top with half the spinach leaves than one salmon slice, all of the rice mix than remaining salmon, spinach and pastry sheet.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry and brush with egg, bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden and cooked. Slice and serve hot.