George Calombaris – Chocolate Fondant
- 70g dark chocolate
- 55g milk chocolate
- 125g butter, unsalted
- 60g caster sugar
- 100g eggs, whole
- 40g egg yolks
- 10g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Combine chocolates and butter and melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stir and try not to let it get hotter than 50-60 degrees C.
- In a medium size bowl combine eggs and sugar using a whisk.
- Pour in chocolate to temper the eggs and stir until mixed. Add flour and fold through until combined.
- Rub the sides and base of a 7C or 1.6L Pyrex mould with softened butter, and coat in sugar
- Pour in chocolate mix. Bake at 160 degrees C for 14 minutes. It should be just set but still runny on the inside. Serve immediately.