Golden Egg Curry Recipe
Create time: Approximately 1 hour.
- 4 Large Farm Pride eggs
- 1/3 cup peanut or sesame oil
- 3 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsps. fish sauce
- 2 green cayenne chillies, seeded and sliced length-wise
- Salt, to taste
- Boil eggs at 8 minutes, until cooked enough to peel.
- Heat oil in wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add turmeric and stirring to dissolve.
- Once oil is hot enough, add peeled eggs and fry until completely golden.
- Once eggs are blistered all over, remove eggs, cut length-wise and set aside.
- Remove all but 2-3 tbsp. of oil in pan, adding shallots and garlic on medium-high heat. Fry until translucent.
- Add chilli powder and tomatoes, stirring frequently. Cook until simmering and tomatoes are soft and broken down.
- Stir through fish sauce, adding salt to taste.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add cayenne chilli strips.
- Add eggs, cut side facing down and cook for a further 5 minutes until oil is sizzling.
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature.
Kid Friendly, Meals