Mini lemon custard pavlovas
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder, sifted
- 300ml ctn double cream
- 320g (1 cup) lemon curd or lemon butter
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg white in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in the custard powder.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm star nozzle. Pipe 5cm-round nests, about 5cm apart, on the paper.
- Reduce oven to 100°C. Bake for 1 hour or until crisp and dry. Turn oven off. Leave meringues in oven, with the door closed, to cool completely.
- Divide the cream and lemon curd among pavlovas. Top with raspberries and dust with icing sugar.
Baking, Christmas, Desserts