Quinoa, Spinach & Egg Bake
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Pinch of pepper and nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- Pour olive oil into a 20cm round baking dish and swirl around.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add quinoa and spinach into the baking dish and pour over the egg mixture, stir gently.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake until just set, or around 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for a further 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a fry pan, spray with oil. Add cherry tomatoes and cook gently until slightly softened. Finish by adding onto the bake.
Tip: Quinoa can be replaced with cooked brown rice.