Spaghetti with Poached Egg, Salmon & Spinach
- 6 eggs
- 400g wholemeal spaghetti
- 300g fresh salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water.
- Poach the eggs and set aside.
- Place salmon and spinach into a large bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked lift it out of the water into the bowl stirring carefully. Add a little of the pasta water to bring it all together.
- Heat from the pasta and water will cook the salmon and spinach.
- Combine oil, lemon zest and juice, drizzle over the pasta, season with pepper.
- Place onto plates and top with the poached egg and some parmesan shavings. Serve with a fresh avocado and pea salad.
Tip: Salmon can be replaced with cooked chicken strips.