Vegetable & Fetta Rice Tart
- 1 Farm Pride egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 4 Farm Pride eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 75g button mushrooms, sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 100g reduced fat feta, crumbled
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes and steamed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 23cm pie dish.
- Combine the rice and egg and using the back of a spoon, smooth into the pie dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the onion for 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, until soft. Add the spinach and stir through until wilted slightly.
- Arrange half the feta into the pie shell, and top with the pumpkin. Spread the onion mixture over the top, then the remaining feta.
- Pour the eggs in and then nestle the tomatoes cut side up, into the filling. Bake for 45 minutes, until set and golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes, before cutting into wedges to serve.