Asparagus, Pea & Tuna Omelette
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced and blanched
- 1 small can (95g) tuna in spring water
- Pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, blanch asparagus and add peas, quickly cooking for 1/2 minute. Strain and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season and whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with oil and pour in half of the egg mix covering the base.
- Cook lightly while lifting and moving the egg around to cook more evenly.
- Just before the omelette is cooked, add half the asparagus, peas and drained tuna.
- Fold in half and slide onto a plate. Repeat the process for the second omelette
- Serve with wholegrain toast for breakfast, or a healthy side salad for lunch.
Tip: Try different flavour combinations, from zucchini and semi-dried tomatoes to spinach and low fat fetta cheese.