Asparagus Sweet Corn & Cottage Cheese Omelette
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (canned and drained, or frozen and defrosted)
- 250g low fat cottage cheese or ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- Crack the eggs into bowl, season and whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with oil.
- Snap the bottom part of the asparagus off and discard, wash the top part and place into the pan. Cook lightly, then set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen towel, set back onto the heat, spray with oil and pour in half of the egg mixture tilting the pan to cover the base.
- Cook lightly while lifting and moving the egg around to cook more evenly.
- Just before the omelette is cooked, add half the asparagus, corn and cottage cheese.
- Fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate. Repeat the process for the second omelette.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal bread.