Chinese New Year Recipe: Marbled Tea Eggs
- 6 Farm Pride eggs
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons russian caravan tea (or Lapsang Souchong)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Bring eggs to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water. When eggs are cool, tap with a spoon all over to crack but DO NOT remove the shell.
- Add eggs back into the water and add tea. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for another 45 minutes in the tea.
- Remove the shells. The eggs will have veins of color just like marble 🙂
Kid Friendly, Snacks