Layered Egg Sandwich
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 2 thick slices of wholegrain bread, toasted
- 160g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/8 bunch each of finely chopped herbs (chives, parsley, dill, mint)
- Tear the bread into bite size pieces and place into the oven or under the grill until toasted and slightly crunchy, turning occasionally.
- Stir the herbs into the ricotta, season with pepper to taste.
- Divide the cucumber in the bottom of two glasses followed by the bread chunks, ricotta and boiled egg.
Tip: Replace the cucumber with tomato or diced ham for different flavour combinations.
Meals, Snacks, Spring Racing